the adventure is about to begin......
Wooo hoooo My very FIRST blog!!
The day has come, in about 24 hours, I will be flying over the Atlantic Ocean heading towards London. Once in a while I'm still amazed that I have planned to travel for one whole year. Unlike some people who have planned a trip like this for years, for me, I guess I took the short cut. I have not calculated how many kilometers I will travel, but this will be a round-the-world journey to many diverse environments.
Here is my travel plan, countries I plan on visiting:
Toronto---Athens---South Africa---Tanzania---Malawi---Zambia---Botswana---South Africa---Hong Kong---Japan---New Zealand---Chile---Argentina---Peru---Costa Rica
Even though I am planning to visit all six major continents (wish to go to Antarctica one day), it's not one of those jam-packed-see-it-all kind of trip (sadly I couldn't fit India and Nepal in there). I didn't want to hop from hostels to hostels and be a tourist all the time. I wanted to take the time to explore and to get to know the people and culture. Will I experience culture shock? I don't know. I want to say "probably", but I am from Toronto afterall and I have a fairly open mind. I'll have to wait and see and tell you that later.
I will also be working on my photography skills on this trip! I've always like to take pictures when I travel. I hope to be able to capture the beauty of the countries that I will be visiting---and hopefully get you all travelling to these places one day (So all you expert photographers out there, please give me tips and pointers.)
Here are 10 things I am most looking forward to: (in no particular order)
1. seeing elephants in the wild (their natural habitat)
2. climbing at least one mountain (>4000m)
3. seeing family and friends overseas (thank you in advance for the hospitality
4. travelling through picturesque New Zealand
5. spending one whole month in Kruger National Park (South Africa)
6. working in a tropical rain forest in Costa Rica
7. learning new languages (Swahili, Spanish, Japanese.....)
8. eating lots of delicious foods in Hong Kong and Tokyo (and of course shopping too!)
9. spending lots of time outdoors
10. hiking, hiking, hiking! (Inca trail, Milford track, Patagonia.....)
I don't know how often I will be able to provide updates and post pictures, especially when I am in Africa, I would imagine that internet access will be very limited, but I will try my best to provide updates as often as possible.
Happy travels to you all!